This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Education - ALL Purchasing/Procurement Education - Support Staff
Title: Purchasing AgentPosting ID475
Under general supervision, implement purchasing procedures, develop bid documents, verify purchase orders, and ensure compliance with applicable state laws & regulations. Also, oversee contracts, maintain district financial records, & reports for federal and state funding.
- Associate Degree in Business/Accounting or Equivalent College Credit with working knowledge
- Knowledge of procedures for purchasing and competitive bidding statues
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and budget accounting practices
- Knowledge of budget coding system maintained by Texas Education Agency
- Ability to write clear bid specifications, evaluations, and analyze vendor bids
- Ability to analyze and organize a complex filing system of bid-related documentation
- Proficient keyboarding, word processing excel spreadsheets, and 10-key by touch
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic math skills
- Five years experience in accounting/purchasing with exposure to Fund Accounting
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
PurchasingPrepare and maintain vendor database and bidder list. Prepare annual approved vendor lists. Obtain and study comparative prices and quotations for additional vendors. Approve new vendor purchases and update vendor information based on purchasing guidelines. Provide support for all purchasing needs to campuses / departments. Maintain membership & assist in the purchasing from the Purchasing Cooperatives/vendors. Also, maintain procurement cards approved for selected vendors. Oversee purchase of materials and equipment for the district through co-op vendors, competitive bids, competitive sealed proposals, government catalog contract purchases, informal quotations, and negotiations following established district criteria and state purchasing rules. Preparation of bidding documents, including notice and instruction to bidders, specifications and form of proposal. Assure open competitions and equal opportunity to all bidders. Notify awarded contracts and prepare bid tabulation sheets. Assure the completeness and accuracy of requisition/purchase order process. Oversee District contracts initiated by the Business Office. Initiate and maintain purchase orders on behalf of Business Office for utilities, contracts, and warehouse operations Coordinate and process manual purchase orders and reimbursements.
Detect and resolve problems with past due invoices and vendor issues.
Work with Accounts Payable & departments to close purchase orders in a timely manner.
Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, purchase orders, and other documents using personal computer.
Compile pertinent data as needed when preparing various state and local reports & processing monthly reports to TEA and other state
Work with departments & campuses on federal/state expenditures budget balances.
Maintain physical and computerized files for reporting.
Other related duties as assigned by CFO.
Shift Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $30,284.00 - $43,591.00 / Per Year
Location: Dr. Donald Ney Administrative Complex
Start Date: 09/23/2013
End Date: 10/04/2013